AMD launches its RX 6700, what are the specifications and performance?
When we believed that amd RX 6700 without the XT behind it it would never appear, they go and surprise us with their launch. Since we did not expect it and it has taken us all by surprise. How is this new mid-range graphics card for gaming presented and how does it compare in specifications with the rest? Let’s see, therefore, what its characteristics are and what performance we can expect.
Currently and within the RX 6000 family, based on the RDNA 2 architecture, we have several chips from which several products come out. However, we were surprised by the fact that the one used in the RX 6700 XT did not have a cropped version. After all, not all the chips on a wafer are the same and those that have partial defects or do not reach certain performance levels are positioned within cheaper product ranges. Well, we had to wait more than a year for AMD to decide to launch this card.
What are the specifications of the AMD RX 6700?
We are facing a graphics card with a GPU that contains 36 cores or Compute Units. Interestingly, this is the same figure as the PlayStation 5’s on-chip graphics, but the similarities end there. Since we are talking about a graphics card where the rest of the specifications differ from the console one. Not to mention certain technologies found in the RX 6700 and not in the console.
Briefly, its specifications are as follows:
- 36 Compute Unitswhat translates into 144 texture units Y 36 Ray Accelerator Units.
- Your clock speed is 1941MHz on base, 2174MHz in Game Mode and can reach up to 2450MHz via Boost.
- Regarding rates, we have 352.8 Gigatexels per second in terms of texturing and in terms of filling, it is 158.6 Gigapixels per second Thank you to your 64 ROPS.
- Its biggest change is in the memory interface, which is from 160 bit. This causes a cutback in the number of memory controllers and thus partitions in the cache.
- 80MB Infinity Cache
- 10GB of GDDR6 memory at a speed of 16Gbps per transfer bit. So we have 5 chips with a total bandwidth of 320GB/s.
Because the chip is the same as the one in the RX 6700 XT, then manufacturers can use the same designs for new graphics card variants. The only difference will be that there will be one less chip soldered to the PCB on the board. So don’t be surprised to see exactly the same models as its older sister, only without the XT in the name.
What is your performance?
Well, through the 3DMark TimeSpy benchmark we have been able to know where to place this graphics card in terms of performance. In said benchmark, the RX 6700 XT achieves 12,872 points in total, making it 15% faster than the model we are talking about, which obtains 11,166 points. At the same time, compared to the also recently launched RX 6560 XT, the new RX 6700 is between 7% and 10% faster.